CAPCO is dedicated to providing and advocating for community-wide actions and programs that increase individuals' dignity and self-reliance and improve community conditions, engaging all sectors of the community in Cortland County's fight against poverty.
- The voices and experiences of the people we serve, and their full participation in our community.
- Respect for ourselves and all those we come in contact with in our work.
- Accountability for our resources and results to our participants and our community.
- Cooperation and partnership within CAPCO and with the individuals and organizations that support our mission.
- A commitment to understanding our own and others' strengths, and using these strengths to support our program, management and governance activities.
- Individuals and Families
CAPCO will provide access to services and supports for people in Cortland County who want to increase their self-reliance, improve their economic circumstances and strengthen their connections to family and community.
CAPCO's programs, advocacy and leadership role in the community will result in improved conditions and greater influence for individuals and families in community-wide initiatives to change the public's response to poverty in Cortland County.
CAPCO will increase its capacity to manage its human and financial resources and strategic partnerships, as an effective leader in Cortland County's efforts to break the cycle of poverty.