What is Early Head Start?
What is Head Start?
A pre-school program for 3 to 5 year old children at no cost to eligible families.
What does Head Start offer?
- Center Base program for primarily 4 and 5 year olds
- Home Base program for primarily 3 year olds
- Special services for children with disabilities
- Increased access to medical and dental care
- Social and emotional growth
Head Start experiences for the child
- Speech and language stimulation
- Creative arts
- Social experiences
- Culturally diverse experiences
- Concept development
Head Start experiences for the parent
- Volunteer opportunities
- Activities for parents
- Opportunities for leadership on the Head Start Policy Council
- Regular Parent Committee meetings
- Resource and referral services
- Home visits by program staff
Head Start Philosophy
The CAPCO Head Start Program believes all children and families have strengths and deserve the opportunity to develop and maintain a happy and healthy life. We support each child and family in achieving social and emotional well-being. Through the guidance of the CAPCO Head Start staff, it is our hope each and every family will become self-reliant members of the community.
To sign up for this program
If you are interested in learning more about this program or signing up, please Contact Us.