3-Day Head Start Hiring Event, 6/11-19 – 6/18/19
CAPCO Head Start is recruiting for Preschool Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and Infant/Toddler Teachers for the 2019-2020 School Year! Apply in-person and receive a same-day interview at this 3-day Head Start hiring event! Interviews will be conducted in 15-minute segments based on time of arrival. Come see a classroom and meet program leadership!
- Tuesday, June 11th from 12pm-2pm
- Wednesday, June 12th from 5pm-7pm
- Tuesday, June 18th from 9am-12pm
Where: CAPCO South Main Facility—236 S. Main Street, Cortland, NY 13045
Full-time for 37.5 hours per week, 44-weeks (Program-year with summers off) with benefits. Responsible for conducting an educational, social/emotional, developmentally appropriate center based program for enrolled children. Responsible for the day to day operation of the classroom. Associate’s degree (A. A.) in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework in early childhood education. Secondary level UPK Teachers must possess a NYS Birth – 2 initial or professional teaching certificate.
Full-time for 37.5 hours per week, 44-weeks (Program-year with summers off) with benefits. Assist and share the daily responsibilities with the classroom teacher in providing a secure and positive learning environment which will enable each child to obtain the awareness and skills necessary for a successful transition into Kindergarten. CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets the requirements for a CDA credential, are enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
Full-time for 37.5 hours per week, 52-weeks (full year) with benefits. To design and implement a variety of active plans to stimulate and sustain the interest of young children, and that contribute to their social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. Implementing the Head Start Performance Standards, Day Care Regulations and other mandates Minimum Infant / Toddler Child Development Accreditation (CDA), Associate’s degree (A. A.) in Early Childhood Education preferred or equivalent coursework in early childhood education, specific to caring for children Birth – 3 years old.
Full-time starting benefits:
- Paid breaks in accordance with school district calendar (i.e. December Holiday break, April Spring break, etc.)
- 2-weeks accrued sick leave, 4 days accrued personal leave, vacation leave for full-year positions
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 80% Agency-paid Medical and Dental benefits, employee and family—3 medical and 2 dental plans, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Agency-paid life insurance, employee and qualifying dependents
- 401K retirement savings—Agency base and match contributions
- Agency-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP), employee and family
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
CAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. CAPCO will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates in adherence of the Americans with Disabilities Act and New York Human Rights Act.