Head Start/Early Head Start
The Head Start / Early Head Start (HS/EHS) program
The Head Start / Early Head Start program is for low-income infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their families. HS/EHS programs enhance the development of very young children by promoting school readiness of children ages birth to five by supporting their development in a comprehensive way.
There are two different program options in Early Head Start. These options are Home Based or Center Based.
This option will serve infants, 6 weeks through 3 years of age. EHS staff members can individualize the program to support family needs.
Families are encouraged to attend socialization groups twice per month with other families in the program that will include educational topics and fun activities.
Children and their families will receive a home visit from a Home Visitor one time per week lasting 1.5 hours.
- Special services for children with disabilities
- Increased access to medical and dental care
- Social and emotional growth
Head Start experiences for the parent?
- Volunteer opportunities
- Activities for parents
- Opportunities for leadership on the Head Start Policy Council
- Regular Parent Committee meetings
- Resource and referral services
- Home visits by program staff
Head Start experiences for the child?
- Speech and language stimulation
- Creative arts
- Social experiences
- Culturally diverse experiences
- Concept development
Head Start Philosophy
The CAPCO Head Start/Early Head Start Program believes all children and families have strengths and deserve the opportunity to develop and maintain a happy and healthy life. We support each child and family in achieving social and emotional well-being. Through the guidance of the CAPCO Head Start/Early Head Start staff, it is our hope each and every family will become self-reliant members of the community.
To sign up for this program
If you are interested in learning more about this program or signing up, please Contact Us at (607)299-4795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Head Start/Early Head Start Sites
Early Head Start Sites
- Cosimos 1 & 2: 3 Huntington St., Cortland, (607) 299-4159
- Cosimos 3: 3 Huntington St., Cortland, (607) 299-4262
- South Main 1 & 2: 236 South Main St., Cortland, (607) 662-4042
- CAPCO Early Learning Center (ELC) 1, 2, 3: 5 Huntington St. Cortland, (607) 753-6762
Head Start Sites
- Randall 1 & 2: Randall Middle School, 31 Randall St, Cortland, (607) 758-4173, (607)758-4143
- YMCA 1, 2, 3: 22 Tompkins Street, Cortland, (607) 756-8450
- Johnson 1, 2: 236 South Main Street, Cortland, (607) 218-6813
- CAPCO Early Learning Center (ELC) 4: 5 Huntington St. Cortland, (607) 753-6762
- Smith 1 & 2: Smith Intermediate School, 33 Wheeler Avenue, Cortland, (607) 758-4180 ext. 3511, ext. 3090