Let us help you save energy $$$$$!
The CAPCO Energy Services Department utilizes a staff of highly trained individuals to install energy saving measures for income eligible households. We strive to make your home more affordable by using Weatherization techniques to conserve energy.
Our department has several components, and each has its own rules and targeted population.
Energy Saving Measures include Insulation, Heating systems, Hot Water Tank systems, Air Sealing, Inspecting Combustion appliances, Bathroom & Kitchen Ventilation, Testing Efficiency of Refrigerators, Installing CO Detectors & Smoke detectors, and a Health & Safety check of the home.
Our department has several programs with different income guidelines and eligibility requirements:
If you have any questions in regards to any of these programs, please contact our office. We would be happy to help you.
Weatherization Assistance Program
What does the WAP program do?
- Insulate floors, walls, and attics
- Repair & Replace heating systems
- Repair & Replace Hot water tanks
- Reduce drafts - air seals - caulking and weather-strip
- Bathroom & Kitchen Ventilation
- Inspect combustion appliances
- Test efficiency of refrigerators
- Install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Minor repairs
- Health & Safety check of the home
- This is a FREE Service - No Liens apply!!
- Homeowner / or renter*
- Low income - 60% of State Median (see Eligibility Guidelines)
- HEAP, SSI, PA recipient, SNAP
* A non-refundable upfront audit fee of $100 - $200 from the landlord will be collected and applied toward the landlord contribution of 35% to 50% (total costs) required on rental property. If you have made energy saving improvements within the last year to your rental property, credit may be given for some or all of these improvements. Receipts required.
You must have 50% of your tenant's income eligible in order for us to weatherize your building. This program is free to income eligible landlords see Eligibility Guidelines.
Applying for the Weatherization Assistance Program:
If you fill out the form with the following information we would be happy to mail you an application.
Note: For Cortland County residents only. Also, your home cannot be weatherized if you have already received this service after Sept. 1994.
For more information about this program, see our Links Page.
NYSERDA - EmPower New York
What does the EmPower program do?
- Electrical Reduction measures & education
- Replacement of inefficient refrigerators & freezers
- Conversion of Dryers - Electric to Natural Gas
- Programmable Thermostat
- LED light bulbs, night lights
- Installation of Smoke & CO detectors
- Pipe Insulation
- Home performance - Weatherization services (see WAP)
CAPCO Energy Savers
What does the Energy Savers program do?
- Insulating floors, walls, and attics
- Air Sealing
- Upgrade to high efficiency furnaces
- Clean & Tune of a Heating System
- Replacement/Repairs to hot water tanks
- High electrical consumption investigation & electricity conservation
- NO Income Requirements
- Residential & Commercial Buildings
- Audit Fee Charged
Contact our office to schedule a Comprehensive Building Assessment (Energy Audit). The audit uses a number of diagnostic tools (Blower door, Infrared camera, CO Analyzer) to take inventory of the current conditions in your home, including the following:
- Insulation Levels
- Air Infiltration rates
- Appliance Efficiency- Furnaces, hot water tanks, etc.
- Must be a Cortland County Resident!
- 60% of State Median or Below
|Household Size||Gross Monthly Income||Gross Annual Income|
To figure your gross monthly income:
Gross income is before taxes and deductions. Take all household income for every member. Conversion factors that must be used:
- Paid Weekly - multiply by 4.3
- Bi-weekly - multiply by 2.15
- Gross weekly income varies - average for the previous four weeks
- Salary - divide by 12
- Self - employed - use business records for 3 months prior