There are over 1,000 Community Action Agencies serving 99% of counties from coast to coast! We all have varying programs and resources specific to our community’s needs, but all address the causes poverty and effects on the children and families we serve. #WER1000STRONG
Check us out on Facebook for posts and information centered around the festivities of the month: https://www.facebook.com/CAPCO1974
The Community Action Promise:
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to love. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
The CAPCO Mission:
CAPCO is dedicated to providing and advocating for community-wide actions and programs that increase individuals’ dignity and self-reliance and improve community conditions, engaging all sectors of the community in Cortland County’s fight against poverty.
- The voices and experiences of the people we serve, and their full participation in our community.
- Respect for ourselves and all those we come in contact with in our work.
- Accountability for our resources and results to our participants and our community.
- Cooperation and partnership within CAPCO and with the individuals and organizations that support our mission.
- A commitment to understanding our own and others’ strengths, and using these strengths to support our program, management and governance activities.